ELECTION DAY






Well, last year was the first time I had the opportunity to vote and I did not, this year I don't know if I will. I really believe that making the decision to vote or not, is not related to my degree of responsibility or commitment to society. I think perhaps I have lost the faith that the real solutions can be found through democracy, or more specifically elections.
About electoral campaigns I can say that they are the worst part of the election period, all these old characters that year after year seem to repeat the same phrases that fall into populism, fashions and temporary solutions. It seems to be the advertising of a supermarket product, increasingly elaborate, with cliché phrases and accompanied by music of hope, in the purest style of Walmart. I hate when they fill my neighborhood with their flyers, especially in my hometown where the candidates have had all problems due to misuse of money from the municipality in previous periods, so, i guess there is not much to choose from.
A person who would like to assume any position, be a leader, should be honest, direct, self-confident and close to people. Despite the above, I think that even if I comply all these requirements, I would not opt ​​to enter the world of politics, beacuse I think you can do much more meaningful things starting from your own neighborhood, in fact, if all of us could think it like these way, we wouldn't have to elect a president any more.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Judy, my favourite of all

Why BRASIL?